Congratulations! You’ve been invited to join a Becoming A Doctor broadcast as a valued guest. Follow this guide and you’ll be setting yourself up to have a smooth experience.
Before the broadcast
Make sure you have the following:
By Laptop or Desktop
- A laptop or desktop with a webcam and mic.
- A recent version of Chrome or Firefox.
- A strong internet connection. Just like Skype, you must have a strong internet connection for it to work well. If possible, connect to your router with an ethernet cable instead of using WiFi.
- We recommend wearing earbuds or headphones to prevent audio echoes.
By Mobile Phone
If you don’t have a laptop or desktop, then you can join on your phone. But the experience is usually best on a laptop/desktop. On a phone if using Android, we recommend the Chrome browser. If using iOS (iPhone or similar), you must use Safari.
Joining the broadcast
When the time comes, follow these steps to enter the broadcast studio:
- Becoming A Doctor Team will provide you with a link before the show. Click the link and you’ll be taken to the #BAD broadcast studio.
- Allow for the application to access your camera and mic.
- Make sure you have the correct camera and mic selected.
- Enter a display name. Use your actual name or the name of your brand. Then enter the #BAD studio.
Becoming A Doctor will be informed that you’ve arrived. You won’t be part of the broadcast until the host decides to add you in. The page will update to let you know when you’ve been added. Then everyone will be able to hear and or see you. This is your time to shine!
Remember, #BAD asked you to join because they want to hear what you have to say. Have fun!